Sometimes you or someone you love has been hospitalized to the point of no longer needing acute hospital care, but returning home is not an option. This is where the Swing Bed Unit at Caldwell Medical Center comes in. The Swing Bed Unit can assist a patient with making a smooth transition from hospital to home or another care setting.
To qualify for admission to the Swing Bed Unit, a patient must have been hospitalized for a minimum of three days and have a condition such as:
- Post-surgical orthopedic conditions
- A need for IV medications, such as antibiotics
- Wounds that are not healing well or need special care
- A need for respiratory care treatments
- Tube feedings * Colostomy or Ileostomy care
- A need for rehabilitation therapies such as physical or occupational
For more information, contact the Swing Bed Coordinator at 270-365-0499.