Princeton, KY 42445
High School Graduate or GED
Certified Nurse Aide Training
CPR Certified American Heart or American Red Cross Health Care Provider Course
Zero to six months of hospital or long term care based patient care experience
One or more years of hospital based patient care experience
- Is accountable for the delivery of consistently high quality nursing care during their assigned shift
- Functions under the supervision of an RN
- Is accountable for the effective, efficient and safe operations of the Nursing Unit ensuring that the objectives of the Nursing department and the organization are being met
- Ensures appropriate organizational and patient safety practices are in use
- Promotes good public relations through contacts with patients, practitioners, visitors, employees, peers and the public at large
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provides direct patient care and evaluates outcomes. Consults with others as required and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care and patient outcomes.
- Documents adequately and appropriately. Ensures that documentation reflects current patient status, changes in patient status, care and treatment being rendered, patient response to treatment and care, etc.
- Ensures nursing related tasks are being completed in a safe, competent, appropriate and timely manner.
- Assists with training and orienting of new departmental staff as directed.
- Assists in maintaining established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Assists in maintaining departmental reports and records as directed.
- Assists in implementing unit specific goals and objectives in keeping with overall nursing and organizational goals and objectives.
- Assists in maintaining adequate and effective communication between the nursing unit and ancillary departments for the purpose of problem solving and improved patient care processes. Utilizes appropriate lines of communication within the nursing department.
- Interacts with others (on the phone or in person) in a positive, professional and appropriate manner.
- Works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and an understanding of the contributions of all team members.
- Assesses patient and family needs. Ensures adequate patient care based on patient needs by performing tasks as required.
- Attends required meetings and actively participates on nursing committees.
- Promotes a safe environment that allows for the delivery of high quality patient care.
- Protects patient confidentiality by promoting appropriate staff communication practices.
- Works shifts as required. Occasionally takes “call”.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.