- Assists CEO and CFO in daily operations of the institution or specific assignments.
- Functions under the supervision of Chief Executive Officer.
- Is accountable for the effective, efficient and safe operations of the Administrative Office ensuring that the objectives of the Administrative Department and the organization are met.
- Ensures appropriate organizational practices are in use.
- Promotes good public relations through contacts with patients, practitioners, visitors, employees, peers, Board Members and the public at large.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information and hospital related matters.
- Responsible to coordinate and perform the secretarial/clerical work required by the CEO and CFO.
- Answers incoming calls and directs appropriately.
- Maintain the CEO and CFO schedule, including day-to-day and long-term management of meetings, projects and priorities.
- Transcribes and processes correspondence required by CEO and CFO. Upon request will draft routine correspondence for CEO and CFO.
- Maintains files correspondence and other materials.
- Attends and acts as recording secretary for all meetings of: Board of Directors, Medical Staff, EOC and Leadership. Creates and maintains meeting minutes of: Board of Directors, Medical Staff, EOC and Leadership.
- Schedules all meetings and travel, including prioritizing meetings and communicating all relevant details to participants.
- Prepares delivers, and mails packets to members of the Board of Directors and the Medical Staff prior to the meeting.
- Handles all correspondence to Board of Directors. Notifies Board in timely fashion of all meetings, etc.
- Keeps CEO and CFO informed on all events and activities pertaining to the hospital (internal and external).
- Handles all mail for Administration.
- Meets and greets visitors to the Administration Offices in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- Assists in implementing department specific goals and objectives in keeping with organizational goals and objectives.
- Assists in maintaining adequate and effective communication between the Administrative Department and ancillary departments for problem solving.
- Schedules conference rooms for hospital related and outside agencies meetings.
- Types and distributes the Activity Calendar for conference rooms for hospital related meetings, calendar for Specialty Clinics, and on-call surgeons.
- Project a positive demeanor regardless of changes in working conditions, and demonstrates flexibility in the face of change.
- Resourceful strategic problem-solving with a positive “can do” attitude and sense of humor.
- Maintain Administration Credit Card usage.
- Responsible for the hospital’s cars usage.
- Responsible for purchasing of promotional items for the hospital staff and community.
- Presents the Customer Service portion at the New Employee Orientation Meeting.
- Interacts with others (on the phone or in person) in a positive, professional and appropriate manner.
- Works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and an understanding of the contributions of all team members.
- Attends required meetings.
- Oversees volunteer program and initiatives
- Organizational and time management skills to complete high volume of varied responsibilities in fast-paced setting with excellent attention to details and the belief that no task is too big or too small.
- Excellent relationship builder; able to demonstrate a high level of tack, discretion, and diplomacy with all employee and Board of Directors. Ability to maintain confidential/sensitive information.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- MINIMUM EDUCATION
1 – 2 years
3- 5 years