Princeton, KY 42445
7p-7a Full-Time Emergency Room, RN
Benefits- BCBS Health Insurance, retirement plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer
- Is accountable for and ensures the delivery of consistently high quality nursing care on the Nursing Unit during their assigned shift
- Is accountable for the effective, efficient and safe operations of the Nursing Unit ensuring that the objectives of the Nursing department and the organization are being met
- Ensures appropriate organizational and patient safety practices are in use
- Promotes good public relations through contacts with patients, practitioners, visitors, employees, peers and the public at large
- Maintains and ensures confidentiality of patient information.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures nursing related tasks are being completed in a safe, competent, appropriate and timely manner. Ensures a safe and accurate medication administration process is being adhered to.
- Assists in implementing unit specific goals and objectives in keeping with overall nursing and organizational goals and objectives.
- Interacts with others (on the phone or in person) in a positive, professional and appropriate manner.
- Works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and an understanding of the contributions of all team members.
- Provides direct patient care and evaluates outcomes. Consults with others as required and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care and patient outcomes.
- Documents adequately and appropriately. Ensures that documentation reflects current patient status, changes in patient status, care and treatment planned and currently being rendered, patient response to treatment and care, etc.
- Attends required meetings and actively participates on nursing committees.
- Protects patient confidentiality by promoting and enforcing appropriate staff communication practices.
- Ensures practitioner orders are carried out using sound nursing judgment.
- MINIMUM EDUCATION
Associate Degree RN licensed to practice in the State of Kentucky
Six months of appropriate departmental experience
One or more years of appropriate departmental RN experience