Princeton, KY 42445
7p-7a Full-Time Emergency Room, RN
Benefits- BCBS Health Insurance, retirement plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer
- Is accountable for and ensures the delivery of consistently high quality nursing care on the Nursing Unit during their assigned shift
- Is accountable for the effective, efficient and safe operations of the Nursing Unit ensuring that the objectives of the Nursing department and the organization are being met
- Ensures appropriate organizational and patient safety practices are in use
- Promotes good public relations through contacts with patients, practitioners, visitors, employees, peers and the public at large
- Maintains and ensures confidentiality of patient information.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures nursing related tasks are being completed in a safe, competent, appropriate and timely manner. Ensures a safe and accurate medication administration process is being adhered to.
- Organizes and coordinates functions and activities on the Nursing Unit.
- Assists with training and orienting of new departmental staff as needed. Ensures that new staff members receive adequate instruction/training when assigned to preceptors within the department.
- Assists in maintaining established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Ensures staff compliance with these standards.
- Assists in maintaining departmental reports and records and collects statistical data for administrative and regulatory purposes as directed.
- Assists in implementing unit specific goals and objectives in keeping with overall nursing and organizational goals and objectives.
- Assists in maintaining adequate and effective communication between the nursing unit and ancillary departments for the purpose of problem solving and improved patient care processes. Utilizes appropriate lines of communication within the nursing department.
- Acts as a resource person to the unit staff and provides appropriate and timely feedback concerning their performance.
- Interacts with others (on the phone or in person) in a positive, professional and appropriate manner.
- Works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and an understanding of the contributions of all team members.
- Ensures that appropriate nursing standards and practices are met.
- Provides direct patient care and evaluates outcomes. Consults with others as required and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care and patient outcomes.
- Documents adequately and appropriately. Ensures that documentation reflects current patient status, changes in patient status, care and treatment planned and currently being rendered, patient response to treatment and care, etc.
- Assesses patient and family needs. Ensures adequate patient care based on patient needs by performing and/or appropriately delegating tasks as required.
- Acts as liaison between personnel, Medical Staff and other departments.
- Attends required meetings and actively participates on nursing committees.
- Promotes professional staff development.
- Promotes a safe environment that allows for the delivery of high quality patient care.
- Protects patient confidentiality by promoting and enforcing appropriate staff communication practices.
- Monitors staff for compliance with policies, procedures, regulations, and standards and reports violations when they occur.
- Ensures practitioner orders are carried out using sound nursing judgment.
- Works shifts as required. Occasionally takes “call”.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- MINIMUM EDUCATION
Associate Degree RN licensed to practice in the State of Kentucky
Six months of appropriate departmental experience
One or more years of appropriate departmental RN experience