In 1947, Caldwell County Hospital Inc., a non-profit organization was formed. This organization worked jointly with the Caldwell County Fiscal Court to develop the Caldwell County Hospital. Construction of the original facility began in 1949 and on May 14, 1951, the 39 bed hospital began receiving patients. During its 58 years, many additions and renovations, along with several name changes, were made to the original structure.
On September 29, 2008, groundbreaking was held for our new 25-bed facility which is located on Highway 62 in Princeton. We held our grand opening in October 2009 and, after 13 months of construction, moved patients into the new Caldwell Medical Center on October 31, 2009. The new facility is a one story building, meeting all of the ADA requirements. Our patient rooms are all private with handicap accessible bathrooms.