We encourage visitation as a means to promote patient comfort, rest, and safety. Family and friends create an important support network that is vital to an individual’s recovery. It is in this spirit that we have created an open visitation policy that empowers the patient to choose who is welcome to visit and when during their stay at Caldwell Medical Center.
- General visitation hours are from 8am until 8pm and are subject to the discretion of the nurse in charge.
- The number of visitors is dependent on the needs and comfort of the patient. The impact of a patient’s visitors on the overall environment of care will be considered.
- Children under the age of 12 should be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Visiting a patient in isolation is permitted, but please check with the nurse in charge prior to entering.
- Visitors with cold symptoms or gastrointestinal flu symptoms are strongly discouraged from visiting.
- All doors into the building are secured at 8pm. Visitors who enter the hospital after these hours may gain admittance the hospital from the Emergency Department entrance.
- Overnight visitation is permitted, but we recommend only one overnight visitor per patient.
- Diet is often considered as part of your treatment plan, so we ask that visitors not bring food to a patient unless it has been cleared with a physician or nurse.